Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michellefs_br
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh on Power BI.com different from Power BI Desktop

I'll try posting here, in hope that the community can help as I've opened a tkt with microsoft and they are useless, no answer from them, and I have a customer on production relying on that.

So, we sold power bi dashboard to a company, I've worked on it, presented to them, data is ok and accurate, on POWER BI DESKTOP, once it goes online and the first refresh starts, then boom.... the numbers of signups decrease and stays like that for a week, even when the refresh says completed, data doesn't change, and when it does, numbers are still different of a power bi desktop refresh.

Customer is also paying for a Power BI Pro Version.

We are connecting to Dynamics CRM Online and Excel from Sharepoint Online.

So, it should be easy and straight forward , but no.

It's embarassing not being able to fix and wait for an answer or fix from microsoft. so frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@michellefs_br You can start by troubleshooting yourself to figure out where problem is. 

1. In power bi service first use published dataset and create a new report with kpi visual which gives you the count of number of records. Do similar in power bi desktop and see if number matches. Do this first by publishing a new report to service and then do same after doing first refresh.

2. Power BI service has several content pack for Dynamics CRM online and i would suggest use that to see that if data returned back is complete or partial. In power bi service go to Get Data -> Serivces -> search 'dynamics' and use appropriate.

I would suggest you follow above two step and come back with findings and we can then workout next steps to pinpoint issue. 

Numbers don't match, 4753 Signups in Power BI Desktop against 4163 in power BI online. It is showing less data than it should.

@michellefs_brDynamics CRM is refreshed automatically once a day, how about you manually refresh the dataset to see whether you get the complete data? 

Same issue, even when refreshed manually, the refresh does complete succesfully but the data is still wrong, different than Power BI Desktop and CRM itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors