Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amalrio
Helper V
Helper V

Refresh of Thin repot based on a powerbi Dataset

Hi, 

I have a Direct query dataset which published to service, 

based on that dataset I have created 3 diffrent reports using Getdata method of PowerBI dataset.

when I publish these three report would they refresh real time with the datasource or not?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @amalrio ,

as the dataset is based on direct query, data will be refreshed only when user are interacting with the report, this then will be as real-time as the underlying dataset allows 🙂

just publishing the datasets will not initiate a refresh. As I mentioned, reports connected to a dataset that is tied to a data source via the direct query connection mode will only initiate a refresh if the user is interacting with the dataset.

Hopefully, this provides the answer you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @amalrio ,

as the dataset is based on direct query, data will be refreshed only when user are interacting with the report, this then will be as real-time as the underlying dataset allows 🙂

just publishing the datasets will not initiate a refresh. As I mentioned, reports connected to a dataset that is tied to a data source via the direct query connection mode will only initiate a refresh if the user is interacting with the dataset.

Hopefully, this provides the answer you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens  Thanks a lot for the reply, Yes I want it to be refresh eveytime a user intract with the report, I wasnt sure whether it was happening as I have used this DQ powerbi dataset to create all these thin reports (3)..So If I understood correctly since my dataset is DQ, all the underlying thin report should get refreshed in the real time ?

Thanks again 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors