Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alextarki
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh of Power BI dashboard on the top MS Azure Cloud

HI, 

I have created Power BI report on the top of DirectQuery to MS Azure Cloud tables and published it over Power Pro

I have discovered that data of the report wasn't updated following the update on the source side. I have executed the refresh button directly in the Power Pro report (see the square colored red on below screenshot) and have got report successfully updated. 

Is there any way to automate data refresh on the top of DirectQuery? 

Thanks and sunny day 

pic111.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alextarki,

Have you mixed other type of data source in your report?

Use composite models in Power BI Desktop 
Have you enabled sso option on your data source that uses the end user credentials to access the corresponding records?

Configure Kerberos-based SSO from Power BI service to on-premises data sources 

Please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @alextarki

there are a few conflicting statements in your question: DirectQuery and a scheduled refresh don't go together.

And you have a report visual in your screenshot, not a dashboard tile. 🙂

But regarding your question, the dataset has to be refreshed, either on demand (Refresh now) or scheduled, and then the reports are refreshed/updated automatically. But, it might be that you have to refresh the page (F5, or the refresh option you use), because the browser cached certain parts of the report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

How can I turn a report to dashboard?

If you have a Direct Query source you shouldn't have to refresh. Can you show the settings of your dataset in the Power BI Service with a screenshot? If it says Scheduled Refresh it's Import, Scheduled Cache Refresh means DirectQuery.

Please have a look over here how to Pin tiles to a dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

pic112.jpg

Thanks

Report on the top of DirectQuery doesn't refresh anything unless you press on refresh visuals on the top right corner (see screenshot on my initial post)

Thanks

I open a report that is sitting on the top of DirectQuery of MS Azure clouud database and I have to press Refresh button every time.

Is there any change to automate it?

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors