Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Apsawhney
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh more than 8 times

Hi All,

I have a health check report that I am trying to autoamte in Power BI. The problem is that the dataset needs to be refreshed every hour 24x7. If I use import query mode I cannot refresh momre than 8 times a day. If I use Direct query mode then many of my measures and logics do not work. 

Is there any other workaround for this ? 

3 REPLIES 3
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm afraid there's not a quick or cheap solution. Unfortunately you can only do a scheduled refresh 8 times a day on shared capacity (Power BI Pro). With Power BI Premium you can do it up to 48 times a day. 

You can however always schedule an on demand refresh, but for that you have to push a button, so that may or may not work in your case. On-demand refreshes do not count towards the daily limitation.

Please have a look at the documentation for more info: Configure Scheduled Refresh.

Did this help you or did I answer your question?
Then please give kudos or mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

HI @nickyvv ,

On-Demand refresh also count towards the daily limit. 

image.png

Funny you mention that 😁, because on that same page it says:

image.png

And in my experience this statement is true, they do not count to the daily refresh limitation. So I already send feedback on that page to correct this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors