Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScottDunk
Frequent Visitor

Refresh issues via Gateway

Hi,

Various refreshes failing various times on various days, i.e. no consistency in refreshes.  Some of these can take a while due to complex queries but they shouldnt be just dropping out.  Gateway is confirmed as online, additional logging is enabled, no error logs shown on export of logs, connectivity tests all working ok and server has been up for 230 days so no down time recorded.  Data source side has also been checked for completeness but dont think it is even getting that far on some of these errors, i.e. cant contact gateway 😞

today's issues are:

1. BCC (6:11 AM) - Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached.
  2. NHS Digital (7:17 AM) - Before the data import for projects_suppliers_metrics finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
  3. LBH (7:19 AM) - Before the data import for dates finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
  4. LFC (7:44 AM) - Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached.
  5. DLG (7:44 AM) - Before the data import for dates finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
  6. Tebodin (9:11 AM) - Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached. (Operational)
  7. 7. Tebodin (9:14 AM) - Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached. (Client Specific)
  8. 8. Devolksbank (9:14 AM) - Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached.

Running August 2019 version:

ScottDunk_0-1572435174609.png

My questions are:

is there any further logging I can do to trap any issues?

what has additional logging done for me?

what are the mashup files, do they show me the individual report refresh requests?

Any other reasoning I am getting inconsistent refresh results?

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ScottDunk ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

hi Amy,

apologies been out.

i am making the change to gateway settings now.  Will get back to you and accept solution if it works.

i have read through th etrouble shooting refreshes pages and they are not helping.

just checked and it was set anyway:

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ScottDunk ,

For the dataset that contains on premise and cloud data source, you also need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster option Under Gateway Cluster Settings. See: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources.

4.png

You may resolve the issue via troubleshooting links:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ScottDunk
Frequent Visitor

adding this to show e do not use personal gateway:

ScottDunk_0-1572438120362.jpeg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors