Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Allegro
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh issues in service and desktop

hi everybody,

i been having issues with refreshing my datasets since friday 06/03/2022, 
when having no issues my datasets take a couple minutes to refresh now its taking almost a day,
also this problem is happening in power bi desktop too, i cannot refresh or load new data

my data source is google's big query 

a couple days ago was a message in the support page: refresh issues were expected but the solution was due 6/6/222

if you have some information let me know!
thanks in advance!

javier

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Allegro 

If you test refreshing today is it quicker?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ

yes the refresh was quicker in the morning,  its been a few days since ive notice but there seems to not be an issue the earlier hours of the day between midnight and around 8~9 am pacific time, after that the refresh status is stuck "in progress" the refresh ends a few minutes after midnight as if its waiting for after 11:59 pm or i maybe i have some kind of refresh data limit per day for my datasets?

i use a premium per user account; 2 of my datasets are in a premium workspace and those are stuck in the refresh status until midnight, and another dataset in a pro workspace this dataset timeout after 2 hours because of the license mode and also this one dataset shows me this:

Allegro_1-1654879682988.png

if you have further questions let me know!

Hi if it is timing out and taking too long I would look at using Incremental refreshing.

Also if it is slower during the day it would explain that there might be an additional load on the source systems when refreshing. I would chat to your data source providers.

Power BI Blog

hi,

its been a couple of days since the refresh started to work again as but this problem also occur last month and i just had to wait almost a week for the refresh to work properly, i feel like this issue will come up again but we still dont know what is causing it.

yes one of the dataset uses incremental refresh in a premium workspace, ive talk to my data source provider and they have no idea what the problem might be, any idea as to what am i suppose to look in the data source? (google's big query)

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Allegro 

It does appear that the issue is still there. 

If it is slow in PBI Desktop too, then the issue is from your data source (Big Query) which I would investigate.

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ 

i would like to know more about the issue if you need more information about my data source let me know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors