Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shane86
Frequent Visitor

Refresh from Gateway wrong. but manual refresh correct... need help

whenever my schedule gateway refresh does the refresh it pulls in the wrong data. however when i go and manually click on refresh it pulls in everything ok. Anyone else have this issue? is this a gateway issue? is it a probablem with the source data? is driving me crazy as i have to continually go in and manually update the data. people are losing faith in the dashbaord...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shane86
Frequent Visitor

i actually figured it out through a long process of elimination. i have a "production schedule" in a google sheet that is updated by the sales team. i then had a seperate google sheet that created a flat file from the Production schedule. well google sheets will automaticlaly refresh between sheets but only if the data is changed from the source sheet. well if noone updated the production schedule in 24 hours then it never refresh the flat file in the other google sheet. for some reason it was then pushing an old data set or something to power BI. the way i fixed this was by adding the flat file into the production schedule. then i didnt have the issue of the two google sheets refreshing as the flat file was now coming from the source document.

Hopefully this helps someone else who ever runs into this problem. a failry niche issue but none the less hope it was helpful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane86
Frequent Visitor

i actually figured it out through a long process of elimination. i have a "production schedule" in a google sheet that is updated by the sales team. i then had a seperate google sheet that created a flat file from the Production schedule. well google sheets will automaticlaly refresh between sheets but only if the data is changed from the source sheet. well if noone updated the production schedule in 24 hours then it never refresh the flat file in the other google sheet. for some reason it was then pushing an old data set or something to power BI. the way i fixed this was by adding the flat file into the production schedule. then i didnt have the issue of the two google sheets refreshing as the flat file was now coming from the source document.

Hopefully this helps someone else who ever runs into this problem. a failry niche issue but none the less hope it was helpful.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shane86 ,

Could you tell me what's your data source?  And are you using on-premises data gateway or personal mode? Please check if the gateway is updated to the latest version and also check if the PBIEgwService is always running on your server. 

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shane86 

How often is the data refreshing.

Can you also make sure that the parmeters are the same in the Power BI Service as to what you have in your PBIX file?

And finally can you make sure that your data source in the Gateway is pointing to the same source in your PBIX file?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors