Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jesse_james
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh file from C drive via standard gateway installed on personal machine

Hi,

I connected to csv file located on my local C drive. I managed to do this in PBI Desktop. Then I published pbix into PBI service. I would like to refresh this file via standard gateway installed on my PC (I cannot use  personal gateway). However I receive below error. I tried to use full e-mail and domain/alias are username. I tried to also to create dataflow receiving below error. Please help!

InkedCapture.jpgInkedfilDataflow.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jesse_james ,

Please also check if the privacy level settings in gateway is same as in Desktop.

In DesktopIn DesktopIn DesktopIn DesktopIn ServiceIn Service

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesse_james ,

Is the folder path that you are using actually on your computer or is it a share on a company network or a OneDrive location?  (And/or, is it a mapped location?)   Second, can you confirm that in the Data Source in PBIX file that the file path is EXACTLY as you have it in the gateway?  They have to be the same for the gateway to find it.  Or, the path might be entirely wrong in format.  Sometimes you ahve to have the path as \\location\file path\file.csv

That said, the error is actually stating that the user is unathorized, not that the file is not found.  Therefore, can you confirm that this is an AD userid and that you don't have to use the computername userid or something unusual like that?  And, that the userid for Power BI Service Gateway is the same as on the computer (since it is your computer)?  Or, that it is a userid that is authorized to access your PC?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi, thank you all for answers. I tried also to connect to other file from mapped drive via Create->Dataflow with this same error. 
Path is exactly the same and user login was checked in command prompt (by: whoami)CaptureError.PNG

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you can try and use a ShareName and then make sure that the user is part of the sharename permissions?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors