Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh failure notification not working

I hope someone can assist here...

Im having an issue with the refresh failure notifications. This is based on an Enterprise Gatewat connection, not personal.

I have managed to invoke 3 different failures and I have received no notifications. Ive no way to even see if failures were sent. Ive used 2 different "owners" of the dataset, incase it was an issue with one of the accounts. no joy.

Any suggestions on what's missing?

Here is the "history" on the dataset showing the failures:

PowerBI_Refresh_History.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
ckapp
Regular Visitor

Our group has the same thing with datasets, not notification of an error being sent. Users are telling us their data is not refreshed and so we must react when the users is expecting to see the data. This is a big assumption but it seems more likely to not get an email when the credentials stored need to be updated.

AnniePower
Frequent Visitor

We are testing PBI.  I've had 30-ish failures, different datasets, sources, users, etc.  Only 2 failure messages came through.  There must be an explanation.  Are only certain failures reported?  I'm not seeing the pattern.  We would like to see all failures.  Yes, of course, I checked the box to receive failure messages. 

We have the same issue.   Have set the "alternate" email in the Admin Centre, but still don't get any notification emails.

Same issue here. Used enterprise gateway and publishing account is my own email.

Some of my reports have been failing too, but only a few of them have sent me an email... Did any of you find reason for the missing emails?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cporteous

Do you only see this issue with this dataset or you cannot receive failure email notifications for all your datasets?

Please make sure that you’ve checked following option for your dataset.

One more thing, do you have edit the alternate email? in that case, notifications should be sent to your alternate email address.

Refresh failure notification not working_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cporteous There is not much options there to check except I would say that check your email that is your account from which pbix file was published.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors