Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh failure for website added to gateway

Hey our IT team got a SSCM dashboard and wanted to just plug in our system data to make it run.

I added the SQL database that contains this information to the gateway. The report also contains certain some weblinks. I added these to the gateway as well successfullly

I receive the following error when attemptign to refresh. I was able to add these links to the gateway with my credentials so this

error message is confusing

refresh failure.png

4 REPLIES 4
svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Another bit of information, I gave windows authentication. Should I make this anonymous

Hi @svishwanathan

I would suggest upgrading your On-Premise Data Gateway to the Feb 2018 installation as this now can refresh data both from On-Premise and cloud data sources.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/

With regards to the Web Sources, if you can access them without any authentication, then I would suggest changing them to Anonymous.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I have changed the authentication to Anonymous...now I see this error

new refresh error.png

I would think that on the server where you have got the On-Premise Gateway installed Open Internet Explorer and configure the requirements as detailed in the error message.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors