Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh failure for website added to gateway

Hey our IT team got a SSCM dashboard and wanted to just plug in our system data to make it run.

I added the SQL database that contains this information to the gateway. The report also contains certain some weblinks. I added these to the gateway as well successfullly

I receive the following error when attemptign to refresh. I was able to add these links to the gateway with my credentials so this

error message is confusing

refresh failure.png

4 REPLIES 4
svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Another bit of information, I gave windows authentication. Should I make this anonymous

Hi @svishwanathan

I would suggest upgrading your On-Premise Data Gateway to the Feb 2018 installation as this now can refresh data both from On-Premise and cloud data sources.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/

With regards to the Web Sources, if you can access them without any authentication, then I would suggest changing them to Anonymous.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I have changed the authentication to Anonymous...now I see this error

new refresh error.png

I would think that on the server where you have got the On-Premise Gateway installed Open Internet Explorer and configure the requirements as detailed in the error message.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors