Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonesj2

Refresh failure emails for Metrics, even though they appear to be refreshing

I recently began testing the Scorecard feature and while I like it, I have started experiencing a rather frustrating issue. I created a scorecard with a variety of metrics that simply pull values from one of our Apps. All of that seems to be functioning fine, I can see the check-ins getting updated and the values for the metrics getting graphed out. However, in the last 48 hours I have begun receiving email notifications of "Refresh failed" for every metric I setup, every time the dataset behind the report in the App is refreshed.

Note that the metrics still actually refresh fine. They are still checking in with the new data. I just get bombarded with ~8 emails as the scheduled refreshes occur.

Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this or how I can stop it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jonesj2

Just as a follow-up, these emails have stopped for me now. I did not do anything special to get them to stop. Last received them on Monday morning.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jonesj2

Just as a follow-up, these emails have stopped for me now. I did not do anything special to get them to stop. Last received them on Monday morning.

daniel94
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Every scorecard is already deleted but still I get those annoying emails..

Oh interesting. I wonder if that is what I am seeing - the refresh for a deleted Scorecard is still running somehow, and is thus failing because the dataset and scorecard have actually been deleted. I did initially create this scorecard in my own Workspace, then re-built it in another Workspace and deleted the first. So it may be the first one for which I am receiving failure notifications on, not the one that still exists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors