Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh failure: The key didn't match any rows in the table

I have just published a series of reports/dashboards and it appears that there is a problem with the refresh whethre it is the scheduled refresh or whether I do it manually. There are no errors with the desktop files and things will refresh fine there. I am using data sets that have worked fine before. Does anyone have any ideas. Here is the error below.

Last refresh failed: Thu Dec 08 2016 10:32:49 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Hide details

Data source type: 
Processing error:The key didn't match any rows in the table.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:754541d2-8e3d-4359-90d3-8e8fb15e2b24
Request ID:88cfda59-3dcc-5468-8927-55d8b5554d58
Time:2016-12-08 10:32:49Z

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Base on my research, the key not found exception is normally due to an out of sync schema, like the one on the server vs the one cached locally.

There're mainly two workarounds for this issue:

Solution 1: Click "Refresh Preview" for each query in Query Editor using Power BI Desktop, then save and republish it to Power BI Service.

rp.PNG

Solution 2: Retype all of the data source credentials in "Dataset Settings" on Power BI Service.

cd.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for that. I have tried that but am still getting errors. I will attempt to rebuild things a bit more to see if I can flush the errors out. I got rid of them from some other dashboards. The latest one is this. I have set privacy to ignoe privacy levels so not sure why I would be getting this.

Last refresh failed: Fri Dec 09 2016 12:40:24 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) 

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Data source type: 
Data source error:[Unable to combine data] Section1/ComputerLogons_csv/out is accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used together. Please rebuild this data combination.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:628e369a-c3d2-4c72-b3bf-be441454b0f2
Request ID:68351d4a-c420-0d91-d793-c805422bcac6
Time:2016-12-09 12:40:24Z

Hi @Anonymous,

I have set privacy to ignoe privacy levels so not sure why I would be getting this.

Have you tried both turning on Fast Combine for your Personal Gateway and enable Fast Combine on Power BI Desktop before republishing your reports?Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks I will try this. I suspect the problems I am getting are associated with the Sharepoint problem that is going on at the moment. So I will wait until that has been fixed to see if that fixes my problem.

Thanks for your help I will check it out anyway as that looks useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors