Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhar
Frequent Visitor

Refresh fails BQ - Error interacting with REST API: Not found: Job...

Hi,

I receive the following issue on scheduled refresh of most datasets this morning. The few that are not affected seems to have in common that they are small, however they still connect to Big Query in the same way.

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Not found: Job ...

The refresh works in desktop, but fails in service. Yesterday I upgraded one of the workspaces to new experience however datasets from other workspaces fail as well (and datasets refreshed worked after the upgrade). I have seen this issue mentioned before but with no real solution. It's mentioned that the region might have something to do with it. The data in BQ is in europe-north1. 

Thanks,

Martin

15 REPLIES 15
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mhar 

The issue seems to be solved.

If so,pleaase accept the helpful answer as solution to close this thread.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @andy_lai 
Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 11/09/2020.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

39.png
At that time, please check  your report again.

Best Regards,

quanple
Frequent Visitor

I've the same issue, any update on solution ?

mhar
Frequent Visitor

I guess the once affected by this are fetching data from outside of US or EU in Big Query, I am in europe-north1. The query runs fine in Big Query but when PBI is to fetch the result it doesn't provide the location parameter and therefore only default multi-region locations work. At least this seems to be the educated guess as reported here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Latest-Power-BI-update-broke-Google-Cloud-BigQuery-connectio...

So workaround is to move BQ location. For us this will have a ripple effect and not really something we want to do. It would be appriciated with a solution or a simpler workaround. 

A few days already, anybody heard any update from MS or any workaround beside manual refresh.

mhar
Frequent Visitor

Up on status page now:

Power BI customers using Google BigQuery as a data source may see refreshes not complete successfully with the message "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API". Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 10/31/2020.

Still not working, I'm afraid...

Hi, @ebozzi 

As  a workaround ,you can try to use PBI desktop Sept refresh then do republish.

Best Regards,

Auto-refresh still not working, need to publish manually.

Not sure MS got announce any fix date or not. 

hieulnt13952
Regular Visitor

I ran into the same problems today, just found a work-around solution that using PBI dataflow to store data before loading it to visualization. This practice is not quite convenient at all but at leaset we can keep our reports updating.

Waiting for this issue to be fixed asap.

rikionight

Me too,
Are in great trouble

I received the solution to add UseStorageApi=false to the source, for example

Source = GoogleBigQuery.Database([UseStorageApi=false])

This is because Storage API is now enabled by default as data fetch method for BQ. However this did not solve my problem, but maybe it could solve it for others.

cannot solve my issue also, same error
mhar
Frequent Visitor

The product team are now working on a solution for this as it is identified as a problem with the Big Query connection.

andy_lai

Same here before this work smoothly till this morning prompt me this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors