Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Manuel1
Frequent Visitor

Refresh failed

I can't refresh my dataset with the gateway it just shows this error:

Last refresh failed: Thu Jun 21 2018 15:41:16 GMT-0500
The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-CENTRAL-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:ac35551d-9dd6-acf6-0aa3-cd5618d0e752
Request ID:9a19bb96-9af6-73d5-0c7e-8876a38f000e
Time:2018-06-21 20:41:16Z

I have already tried updating the gateway but the error persisted.

Additional info: I am using import with 3 databases; 2 sql server and 1 from mysql.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Manuel1

1.Did you configure gateway connection with all data sources? Do you use on-premises gateway or personal mode?

In “Manage Gateway” setting, please check if each data source can connect to the gateway successfully.

2.According to this solved issue, using the latest version of Power BI and re-publishing to the Power BI Service can  resolve this issue.

3.If the issue persists, I would suggest create a support ticket on Power BI Supportpage for better assistance.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Manuel1

1.Did you configure gateway connection with all data sources? Do you use on-premises gateway or personal mode?

In “Manage Gateway” setting, please check if each data source can connect to the gateway successfully.

2.According to this solved issue, using the latest version of Power BI and re-publishing to the Power BI Service can  resolve this issue.

3.If the issue persists, I would suggest create a support ticket on Power BI Supportpage for better assistance.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

1. Yes it's properly configured; actualy it was working just fine but stopped refreshing 3 days ago.

2. I deleted the dataset, reuploaded it and it appears to be working normaly now. Though I believe this is not a solution; if I have to republish the report every month and potentially breaking all the dashboards and excel connections users may have.

I wouldn't log a support ticket next time to see if the cause was the Power BI service or the file

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Has it been refreshing before without any issues?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors