Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ncbshiva
Advocate V
Advocate V

Refresh failed in the Power BI online

Hi Team,

In my report , i am using SharePoint and SQL Datasource and i am using gateway to refresh the data in the SQL . But the refresh is failing with below error message. Not sure why the refresh is failing . Can anyone please let me know where is the problem occurring for this refresh in the online.

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Strain.
Underlying error message:The credentials provided cannot be used for the SharePoint source. (Source at https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:SharePoint
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:CredentialInvalid
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"SharePoint","path":"https://xxxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:CredentialInvalid
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:0ddfae4e-b115-4727-bf8a-3cf59f492218
Request ID:6cb808d2-9d5c-8da2-674c-8a684c64b302
Time:2019-01-02 16:28:35Z
8 REPLIES 8
ncbshiva
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi Team,

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue ?

Regards

Our problem (in november 2018) has been solved by an update by Microsoft.

A collegue has told me there seems to be a limit at the number of documents in a sharepoint site that PowerBI can address.

His solution was to split the documents in different document libraries. We didn't tried this solution because our problem was already solved. (our post)

But i have another report where i have more than 25 files in the Sharepoint which refreshes in Power BI online successfully in 25 minutes. 

Hi @ncbshiva,

As the error message prompted, please verify that if the credential specified for SharePoint source is correct and still valid. Also, please test whether it can refresh the dataset successfully in desktop version.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I have verified the credentials , it works when i have less number of files in the Sharepoint (like 5 files). But the online refresh fails when the number of files is more than 5 in the SharePoint. And the refresh works fine in the Desktop version regardless of the number of files in the SharePoint.

Regards

Hi @ncbshiva,

Did you use On-Premises gateway personal mode and choose OAuth2 as authentication type in your scenario?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Please find below screenshot of the gateway that i am using , it is not Personel mode. And i have authenticated with OAuth2 type.

Pic.png

Hi @ncbshiva,

I would suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis, as all configurations looks correct and the scheduled refresh should work.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors