Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Msta
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh failed: has failed to refresh NO error message

I have problem with my scheduling powerbi report. It's worked two days ago but now I get only this message( without error code):

My gateway version: 3000.54.8 (latest)

Szczegóły Typ Uruchom Koniec Stan Komunikat

Ukryj
Na żądanie9/1/2020, 11:57:21 AM9/1/2020, 11:57:26 AMNiepowodzenie 
Identyfikator URI klastra:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Identyfikator działania:059b6ca1-b3c5-44b3-a3e2-852aa85df1f8
Identyfikator żądania:67d57233-6037-04f4-4023-5a0d17475647

Last successful run : 8/29/2020

last_run.PNG

while i refreshing this in powerbi desktop, everything take from 5 to 10 minutes

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Msta !

There are some problems in Power Service for Eastern Europe users. 

emgoryaynova_0-1598959026569.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

"intermittent slowness while accessing the Power BI service", can generate this kind of problem?
I thought I get some error message for example "connections timeout".

Can I do or check something myself? What should I investigating ?

Hi @Msta ,

Please report this as an Issue using issues.powerbi.com.  first check to see if it has already been reported.  

If you have Pro account I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @Msta ,

Would you please try to update your gateway to latest version? And you can also follow the document to troubleshoot your issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

You can collect logs from the on-premises data gateway app to find detailed error message. In the on-premises data gateway app, select Diagnostics and then select the Export logs link, as shown in the following image:

Capture3.PNG

And you can also  find the event logs for the on-premises data gateway service, or use Fiddler to troubleshoot your issue.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

I have upgrade my gateway to latest version and problem still occurred. detailed error message didn't appeared in logs (on-premises data gateway app, Diagnostics)

We find that the problems showup only with some of our reports (mix sql /SSAS + files), were  we use "Append Queries".  Our problems started 30th August, earlier everything was fine. We have problem also with "Merge Queries". The queries looks like:
1step - import csv file
2step - merge queries (SSAS source)
3step - expand
4step - merge queries (Another SSAS source)
5step - expand

I'm having the same issues.  A dataset that utilizes the powerbi service for Dataflows has been failing since the November updates to the service.  The failure has no data and I have to looked into the server logs each time.  The error there is that the OATH authentication token failed to refresh.  This is a big problem.  Updating and rolling back the gateway did nothing to help this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors