Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tayshuyih

Refresh failed: has failed to refresh. Invalid connection credentials.

Hi.

I have a dashboard report that connect to mysql datasource and refreshed daily. It connected successfully from desktop and able to refresh correctly in apps too. However, after it has been running for weeks, sometime I receive this email with following content saying that the refresh failed. I checked the report and the data is not refreshed. I double check the connection and it seems correct and I didnt do anything, then on next refresh it works again. However it happens randomly few days later again. It seems transient. So would like to file for support case as mentioned in the email. 

Power BI  

Invalid connection credentials.

Refresh failed:

easywork_2020 has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Next refresh for easywork_2020 is scheduled for April 21, 2021 23:30 UTC.

Learn more >

Technical Information

Activity Id:

ee3ababe-0dac-41c9-a143-dd56a1002a28

Request Id:

04f0ff99-9dea-4399-a6fe-10134f1a5b4c

Cluster Name:

WABI-EAST-ASIA-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

April 20, 2021 23:30 UTC

Refresh End Time:

April 20, 2021 23:40 UTC

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tayshuyih ,

Maybe the issue was caused by tiles in dashboard. After deleting all tiles that originated in the report, see if the report refresh can work normally.

Or try to remove the report from the Power BI service and re-add it.

1. Open the report(s) in PBI Desktop and clear the cache (file...options and settings... options)
  2. Refresh the data in the desktop and save.
  3. Open Power BI Service and remove the associated dataset(s).
  4. Hop back to PBI Desktop and publish the report from Desktop to Service.
  5. Set schedule refresh in Service.

If the above methods fail, go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors