Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hisae1421
Regular Visitor

Refresh failed for mysterious reason

Hi fellow PowerBI users,

I have some trouble with a report of mine. Actually, my colleague that was managing this well... left... In a way you could say that I am being introduced to PowerBI the hard way lol. I like it so far 🙂 but if I can get it solved, my management would greatly appreciate !

So, for about a week my request don't work any more and I can't figure out the reason... At first I assumed a Power BI update made it fail because it was working so far and nothing changed on my side but I checked the updates and it looks like nothing new came up.

Actually, I don't know where to seek for help so I think my question for you would be "why does it fail ?"

To be more specific, I retrieved the report, took a look at it, uploaded it again with my account. I thought I understood most of its content because it reminded me of report builder with which I was already familiar, the difference being the queries which aren't SQL.

This being said, the report is integrated in a SharePoint with daily automatic refresh and it worked for a few weeks without any problem until d-day 😞

Since, I receive the following error; translated, it should give something like : "Impossible to load the data for this visual element".

The source of the error is based on a calculated table for which the error is  : "The query referenced calculated table 'viewSites' which does not hold any data because evaluation of one of the rows caused an error."

The request to build this table is :

viewSites = SELECTCOLUMNS( ADDCOLUMNS ( 'smallSites'; "SitePercent"; LOOKUPVALUE ( 'viewDeployementConsolidatedBySite'[SitePercent]; 'viewDeployementConsolidatedBySite'[SiteID]; 'smallSites'[SiteID] ); "DeploymentPercent"; LOOKUPVALUE ( 'viewComputerDeployementStatus'[DeploymentPercent]; 'viewComputerDeployementStatus'[SiteID]; 'smallSites'[SiteID] ) ); "SiteID";[SiteID];"Title";[Title];"Wave";[Wave];"NbComputers";[NbComputers];"SiteCode";[SiteCode]; "SitePercent";INT(VALUE(IF(ISBLANK([SitePercent]); 0;[SitePercent]))); "DeploymentPercent";INT(VALUE(IF(ISBLANK([DeploymentPercent]); 0;[DeploymentPercent]))); "Status";IF(ISBLANK([SitePercent]) && ISBLANK([DeploymentPercent]);"Planned";IF(VALUE([SitePercent])>= 100 && VALUE([DeploymentPercent])>=100;"Done";"In progress")) )

And this request prompts : "Cannot convert the value "-nan" of type Text into type Number"

To be honest, even though I'm a newbie on PowerBI, I think it's only the process of the last query that causes all these troubles. The cofusing part is that my data source didn't change and neither did the processing of it (query/shaping)...

Induced question, how could I share my report to any one with the proper source (=a private sharepoint) ? Can I share my online report with a read access to someone ?

Thank you very much to anyone having any idea !!

Have a good day 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @hisae1421,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, could you please share your solution or  always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi !

I found the workaround, actually the was a line in my datasource that was empty...

Thank you 🙂

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @hisae1421,

As the error message said, the involved column in your calculation is text type.

Please have a check of your data source and convert the values like "nan" into numbers.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors