Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moody31415
Employee
Employee

Refresh failed email does not say why

I get refresh failed emails with no useful data. There's a line that says "Failure details:" but it's blank. I have to dive into powerbi.com, navigate to my data set, click on 'schedule refresh', and then find the link for 'refresh history' to get a simple message as to why my refresh failed. This info should be in the email that is sent to me, instead of hidden a half mile down the stack.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @moody31415,

Unfortunable, current power bi not support custom subscription email and refresh failed email, maybe you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This has nothing to do with custom emails. This is a bug in that it sends me an email with no useful details. The line for the reason why the refresh failed is blank. This is clearly a bug.

Example email:

PBI refresh failed.png

Hi @moody31415,

Nope, current refresh failed notice email not include detail error message, you need to check them on service side.
I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors