Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DarshanGandhi

Refresh failed - Status code 400

Hi,

My existing dashboards refresh is failed and it showing error even after trying to make sure that credentials were correct.
I tried, many times, entering credentials, but its not taking it (please note credentials are correct).

Its showing STATUS CODE: 400

Not sure what is wrong here. Is anyone facing same issue?

PowerBI_RefreshError.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarshanGandhi,

From the image, it seems that you use web data source connect to SharePoint online file, right? If it is, please use the OAuth2 authentication instead of the Basic.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarshanGandhi,

From the image, it seems that you use web data source connect to SharePoint online file, right? If it is, please use the OAuth2 authentication instead of the Basic.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Your comment helped with my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you plesae help me with the same issue. I am not able to see Oauth as an option for my problem. Really need your help to resolve this issue.

hey faizannaeem,

It was fixed very simply, I realised the ones with x next to them are the ones that are failing and need to have credetials updated. As i had been trying to update the credtials on the ones that didnt have x's next to them thinking they were the ones that needed to be fix. once i realised this i was able to update the credentials on them all and it was fixed.

Hi, I used the OAuth2 authentication but I still get the status code 400. What is weird is that it works for some sources and for others it does NOT(all in the same sharepoint/onedrive folder)! Please help. I cannot set up a planned update for my datamodel.

Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 14.52.24.png

Cheers

Tobias

i have the exact same issue. did you end up getting this resolved?

datasourceerror.JPG

Hello,

I have almost the same issue, tried to change Authentication method but in the list only 1 option is available

"WindowsWithoutimpersonation"

I'm taking excel files from dropbox and want to set up a scheduled updates but due to aforementioned credential error not able to get updatesBi222.JPG

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Yes it indeed worked out.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

DG

Hi @DarshanGandhi,

Glad to hear the issue is gone Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors