Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

Refresh failed:Premium Capacity Metrics

I'v got a mail:

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics has failed to refresh.
Failure details:

No capacities found. You need to be a capacity admin of at least one or more capacities. Table: QueryMetrics.

Some day's, this refresh seems to be possible, some day's there is an error.

I have not changed anything in my roles. (and i 'm not aware of the fact another colleque should have done some changes).

How can I check this?

Are there other users with the same refresh problem? 

Do they have als other refresh problems? with other published pbi-reports?

12 REPLIES 12
DemoFour
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I got this error, started Tuesday 03/10/2023 this week. I will look into the new app as I noticed that there was a new version. 

ts00098ts
Frequent Visitor

I got the same error.

tobiasnygren
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi!
I got the same error message 231001 for the refresh of the Metric app.
After reading the note in the app that you see below, I upgraded to the new app and the problem was solved.

Gen2 Deprecation

The PBI Premium Metrics app Will be deprecated in Fall of '23. After 10/1 please install the Fabric version of

the metrics app to ensure accuracy of analysis for all platform features.

You need to install the Fabric version, than it will work again.
Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics

But will it work with premium capacities that are not Fabric? Is not possible to mantain the current version of the PBI Metric app?

Thanks.

tobiasnygren
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes, we got this error message today also for the first time.

Same here, was working fine up until now. Resetting the user doesn't seem to solve the issue so far.

Just yesterdy night the same error happened to me, the same user and permissions that last year, and never failed before...

Starting from 1st october the current Premium capacity metrics has been depriciated, please install Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app and you will be good to go
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi/pbi_pcmm.microsoftpremiumfabricpreviewreport?...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

This doesn't have refresh data.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @eddydm,

When did the last problem occur? It seemed that the problem has been fixed serveral days ago, could you please check if the problem has been occured in recent days and post your detail information if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i'v received a mail on 22/12/2018 aubout the premium capacity metrics that has been failed.

Hi @eddydm,

Due to I could not reproduce your problem, I sugget you create a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors