Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh fail due to merged queries

Hello!

When I am merging two queries , one from PostgreSQL and another from Sharepoint, I get an error "We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary, when I am trying to refresh data set in cloud.  I have tried to use many things from community like DAX as merging queries work around, also looked at gateway logs, privacy levels and etc. but nothing helped. Registered case to support, they tried many things as work around, checked privacy settings and etc. but again the problem still occurs.  Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you able to refresh the dataset on Power BI desktop? Could you find any error message under applied steps in Power Query?

Per my research, this looks like a query combine problem. Please try the suggestions mentioned in below links:

Underlying error message: We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary

Expression.Error: Cannot convert the value "[Function]" to type Function

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I tried to create a table in power query, tried all variations with privacy levels and etc. Still cannot refresh model in cloud. The desktop refresh works without any problems. Also some info what I am merging: 

refersh problm.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

refrh.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors