Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruimonteiro
Regular Visitor

Refresh fail - Memory error: Allocation failure

Hi,

I'm getting this error while refreshing a dataset connected to a SQL Data Warehouse:

Memory error: Allocation failure . If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine. Memory error: Allocation failure . If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
GTR
Helper III
Helper III

The 32-bit setup is not as efficient in storing large amounts of data as the 64-bit version. I had this same issue and uninstalling the 32-bit, followed by installation of the 64-bit fixed it.

Hi, This error occurred in power bi portal, not desktop. The dataset is connected to a Azure Data Warehouse. Thanks!

Hey @ruimonteiro! Did you ever resolve this? Please say yes! Lol.

This has been a thorn in my side for the past days or so.

Thanks

Hi @cwayne758!

Well, it's good to see that I'm not so alone with this issue as I thought lol

Apparently it's a bug (I've received this information through PBI Desktop feedback by the PBI Team when I reported another issue). In my case I'm trying to refresh a dataset connected to a fact table with about 11 million records (SQL Azure DW). Hope that this will be fixed soon!

Rui

Has this bug been fixed?  I'm hitting it with a very small dataset.

I have just added 2 more queries into 20 queries. And then, I got this error.

The data is retrieved thru Enterprise Gateway

I've tried to remove some columns and publish the powerbi again.

It works now.

Did they say what prompted that the error with that particular dataset? Are your other datasets refreshing?

No, they just said that they have filed a bug for this. For now I have only this dataset and I can refresh it when o have only a few thousands records on the fact table.

Yes my issue is pretty similar. I've seen a few people with this error--no one has gotten it resolved yet.

I just decided to break my report into several smaller one until I here of a more concrete solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors