Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sguenther
Advocate II
Advocate II

Refresh error: "We reached the end of the buffer."

Hey guys,

Have a problem when updating me dataset in the service. It gives me the following message:

"We reached the end of the buffer."

Couldn't find anything that explains what I should do to solve it. Any ideas?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
cgeraeds
Advocate I
Advocate I

Having the same problem.

When I update the JSON source file by updating the data source settings [NAME FILE_DATE OF FILE] and then click refresh it says:

We reached the end of the buffer. 

This happens in the table where the source is first referenced.

Any solutions?

Thank you

Hi @cgeraeds 

What API are you getting the JSON from?

Hello @dawidvh ,

From our system developer I understand it's done with the Rails Framework via the to_json() command, more can be found here:
https://apidock.com/rails/ActiveRecord/Serialization/to_json

Is that enough information for you?

Kind Regards,
Chris

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sguenther,

What data source are you using in your scenario? Is there any measures have the same name as a table in your dataset?

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

I'm using the following data sources: Google Analytics, PostgreSQL, Odata (from Dynamics CRM) and Web.

No measure has the same name as a table.

Regards

Hi @sguenther,

I found there is a new issue on Power BI Support currently which may relate to your issue: "Some Power BI customers in North Europe are experiencing data refresh failures with gateway connecting to on prem data sources. Engineers are working on a resolution for this. Next update 11/14/2016 @ 18:30 PST."

support.PNG

Could you wait for that issue being fixed, then check if your issue remains?Smiley Happy

Regards

Having the same issue, and seems to be caused by referenced queries. If I reduce the queries referencing the source queries, the problem goes away.

There doesn't seem to be lots of info on this topic, has anyone been able to get some solid answers on this yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! It seems that I've been having this issue as well - but it's quite random. Every couple of days scheduled data refresh fails with this error, mentioning different table everytime. Other than that automated and on demand refresh works fine, even though I didn't change anything nor tried to fix the issue. However, the error occurs often enough for the issue to become problematic - the scheduled refresh failed two times this week.

I'd also love to know if anyone has been able to find anything regarding this error?

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sguenther

Please see the screenshot. Possible Reason.service status.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors