Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Creea1
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error: compute engine has an outage

All my dataflows are failing on demand refresh, when I goto refresh history and download the csv log it shows the error  RootActivityId = <redacted>.Param1 = Operation failed because the compute engine has an outage and is unavailable.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 103313.png

The Power BI status page does not show any outages at this time. 

Now my scheduled dataflows are also failing.  

Is there any way to get more information on this outage and when it might be resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Creea1
Frequent Visitor

The compute engine errors on refresh of the dataflows just resolved themselves over the weekend and now I can refresh my dataflows with no issue.  MS support did not acknowledge the outage in any way.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vucko
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am experiencing the same issue today, already for several hours. Is there any estimate on when will this get resolved? PBI status page also doesn't indicate there are any issues...

Creea1
Frequent Visitor

The compute engine errors on refresh of the dataflows just resolved themselves over the weekend and now I can refresh my dataflows with no issue.  MS support did not acknowledge the outage in any way.  

mansul

We are having same issues. Would be good to get estimated time to this being resolved 

Creea1
Frequent Visitor

I have a support ticket with Microsoft so I will post here when I get a resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors