Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mardin
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Refresh error: Reason: PrivacySetting - "Information is needed in order to combine data"

Hello,

Since beginning of this week a bunch of our reports have started to fail out of the blue. They have worked perfectly fine for the last 6 months but suddenly can't refresh with below error:

Underlying error message: Information is needed in order to combine data

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrivacySetting
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I have already read the other posts on this Community about this error and thus chaning Privacy settings to "None" on both Gateway sources as well as within Report Data source settings (as well as setting Report to "Always ignore") fixed it for SOME reports but not all.

One report specifically where I am trying to merge OData-Connection to Sharepoint 2010 with some Excel files on a company network drive. I can open the .PBIX file and Refresh perfectly fine, but when trying to refresh the published Dataset it fails with above error.

I am all out of ideas - please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous and everyone else.

I think I have narrowed the changes of Privacy Settings in Gateway data source list down to the launch of Dataflows which happened same week.

The way Dataflows currently work has some unwanted sideeffects on Gateway Data source settings. If I add a Dataflow from Source A it will automatically change Source A privacy settings to "None" in the Gateway settings.

If I then change Source A back to "Organisational" in my Gateway settings my Schedules Refresh works again. Untill next time I go and fiddle around with a Dataflow from Source A resulting it to change back to "None" in Gateway settings.

... in addition, let's say you don't have a Source B in your Gateway source list yet. The moment you add a Dataflow from Source B it will automatically add Source B to your Gateway source list resulting in potentially unwanted sources in the Gateway....

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors