Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JD2019

Refresh doesn't work on service but does work on Desktop. Everything online tested.

Hi dear forum members,

I have a problem refreshing data within PowerBI Service. Desktop refresh works but scheduled refresh/ general refresh on service doesnt work. My data is a excel from Onedrive from Business (from web source see pictures) and 5 different Sharepoint online lists.

The error:

5.PNG

What I already did:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Looking forwards to all the help. I spend a lot of time trying to solve this myself but I cant figure it out. 

JD2019

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JD2019 

I would reccomend renaming the pbix file and republishing under a different name to see if the model works in the service. In the past, I have had models that are somehow corrupt in the service fail until they were replace. Microsoft never could explain why they failed or why removing them and republishing them worked. It just did.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JD2019 

I would reccomend renaming the pbix file and republishing under a different name to see if the model works in the service. In the past, I have had models that are somehow corrupt in the service fail until they were replace. Microsoft never could explain why they failed or why removing them and republishing them worked. It just did.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you! Refreshing the query's was also needed. Setttings "Load data in background" also needed to be turned on on desktop. Combining these elements made the service refresh succesfull. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors