Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

keria
Advocate I
Advocate I

Refresh dataflow issue - azureblob issue

Hello,

I am using a dataflow in a powerbi dashboard.

The dataflow is scheduled everyday since a few months.

Since the 4th of june, the scheduled refresh is failing almost every day.

Same problem with instant refresh.

Only 2 successes upon twenty attempts of refresh.

There are 4 tables in the dataflow, and the refresh is not always failling on the same table.

The error message is  :

Error :AzureBlobs n'a pas réussi à obtenir de réponse - la demande a été abandonnée - la demande a été annulée

I have utpdated the gateways with no success (version 3000.40.15 - may 2020).

I have logged an issue to the support, but I have been told that it was a pb of size of the dataflow. But if I reduce the number of line in each tables, the pb is the same.

My dataflow is to a sybase iq database, via odbc.

Does one of you have an idea.

Thanks for your help

Brigitte

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @keria ,

Have you checked your gateway is online and worked normally? And the latest gateway version is 3000.45.7 June 2020 , you can download to try again. Please check your certificate is correct for Azure Blob dataflow.

In addition, it could be caused by the network of your area.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I have updated the gateway. I encounter the same issue with the lastest version (june).

All the tests on the gateway seems ok. No pb with the proxy, firewall, network. 

The faillure appears after 10 mn (timeout ?)

Here is an extract of the log error file :

---> (Exception interne #0) [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.MashupDataAccessValueException: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: .

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
GatewayVersion=3000.45.7
Reason= --->
[1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: MashupValueException:<pi>Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupValueException (0x80004005): AzureBlobs n'a pas réussi à obtenir de réponse : « La demande a été abandonnée : La demande a été annulée. ».
à Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ProviderCommon.MashupResource.<>c__DisplayClass45_2`1.<StartEvaluationAndGetResultSource>b__0()
à Microsoft.Mashup.Security.Impersonation.RunAsProcessUser[T](Func`1 func)
à Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.EvaluateAndGetSource[T](String commandText, CommandType commandType, Int32 commandTimeout, MashupParameterCollection parameters, String resultTransform, Boolean forColumnInfo, Boolean executeAction)
à Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior commandBehavior, MashupCommandBehavior mashupCommandBehavior)
à Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.GatewayProcessorUtils.MashupExecuteReaderAsync(DbCommand command, ExecuteQueryRequest queryRequest, Guid activityId)
à Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.GatewayProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass3_3.<<ExecuteAdoQuery>b__2>d.MoveNext()
-

Thanks for your help

Brigitte

RakeshSinghr
Resolver I
Resolver I

@keria - are you on premium capacity? you can install power bi admin app from microsoft and check size of dataflows

can you check if the stored credentials for the gateway is still correct and permissions are intact?

also, try spliting entities into one per dataflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors