Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abelrmg
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh data

Hello I have a report with different sources:

1. Azure SQL, Direct query

2. SQL database, import mode

3. Sharepoint folder, import mode

4.Local file Excel, import mode

I configured a gateway for SQL y excel file but doesnt work , It seems that I must configure the gateway for all sources, but this is not possible and does not allow credentials to be edited either. What I did was switch everything to import mode and it worked.
But I would like to know if it's just that way or can you keep mixed mode on the portal.

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently this can be done and should work, can you make sure you have got the latest version of the Gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ , all data sets in import mode works, but if I publish the report with mixed mode, import and direct query mode don´t works.

My question is focused if it is possible to publish report with mixed mode, import and direct query, like this:

Azure SQL server, direct query

SQL Server Database, import

Sharepoint folder, import

Local file Excel, import

Regards,

Hi there

What happens when you say it does not work?

If you can give an example and possible screenshot please.

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ , ther error is displayed when open the report: "Data source unreachable" and if you try assign a gateway show this error: "Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again".

But if you convert all datasets in import mode the same gateway works fine.

Regards,

Hi , @abelrmg 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?For now, there is no content of description in the thread. 
If it is,  please mark the helpful replies or add your reply as Answered to close this thread.
More people will learn new things here. If you haven't, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft , the solution that I found was change all data sets to import mode and use a personal mode data gateway.

Regards, 

Could it be that the data source you are using is not supported for DirectQuery?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors