Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh data fromn salesforce started failing today

From PowerBI salesforce data was refreshing everyday once a day until today. The error I get is

Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.Hide details

Activity ID:b3a5d44e-a4e0-7c78-84e3-b52ee05b0991
Request ID:63f84f90-9860-c482-4106-2d3e8715898f
Status code:400
Time:Thu Mar 02 2017 15:16:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version:13.0.1700.1300
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Details:The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at https://login.salesforce.com/.)

I double check the credentials directly in salesforce and they are working.

At the same time from POWER BI desktop I can signing but then I the the following arror

"Access to the resource is forbidden"

As I mentioned above, everything was working fine everyday until today.

Any  help would be really appreciate it, I have a lot of people looking at these dashboards in PowerBI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

We were able to solve the situation by resetting the profile of the user we are using to connect from PowerBI to salesforce.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Saint
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I had a similar issue but irealised it was due to an API limit we had hit on salesforce.

Take a look at the services making API calls on Salesforce as one one of them might have caused Salesforce to reach its daily limit thus the error message.

Kind regards,

Saint

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

It was the user profile in salesforce. The user was like a clone of a super user. What we did was to give the user straight super user rights and that made things work. Questions left to answer are:

1. What changed? The process worked fine for like 3 months with no interruptions and then one day, without any changes on our side it broke. Changing the user profile to a super user profile fixed it.

2. We are litle by little removing permissions to this user and test the process. We don't want the user to keep those super user permissions.

For now we are happy it is working fine. When I have more information I will post it here.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Online connection to SalesForce worked perfectly and one day it just stopped.

I can actualize my data through my local file and publish it online. But I can't actualize my data on the web file.

Could you please tell me how to reset my SalesForce profile? I was unable to do it.

Thanks,

Camille

Well, what my salesforce admin told me was that the account I was using to connect was created as a cloned of a su account. What she did was she deleted the account and recreated it from scratch as a su account.

That fixed the issue for me.

I hope it works for you.

Jorge

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Online connection to SalesForce worked perfectly and one day it just stopped.

I can actualize my data through my local file and publish it online. But I can't actualize my data on the web file.

Could you please tell me how to reset my SalesForce profile? I was unable to do it.

Thanks,

Camille

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

We were able to solve the situation by resetting the profile of the user we are using to connect from PowerBI to salesforce.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you elaborate what you mean by "resetting the profile". Are you talking about the profile of Org user in Salesforce or the PowerBI Profile?

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

How do I escalate this? Is anybody looking at this situation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors