Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarcoNeukom Helper I
Helper I

Refresh data automatically if .xls / .pbix are saved in oneDrive for business

Hi all,

I have read that reports in online services refresh dataset every hour if source is saved in onedrive for business.

I load data from an excel file (table) to powerbi desktop app and created a report - both files are saved in onedrive for business, but my dataset does not refresh accordingly within an hour? I've waited several hours by now. 
Have I misunderstood? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Refresh data automatically if .xls / .pbix are saved in oneDrive for business

hi  @MarcoNeukom 

Onedrive refresh is that you upload .xls / .pbix file to onedrive and then in power bi service you click get data->file->onedrive-business, now onedrive refresh is available.

5.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#onedrive-refresh

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Refresh data automatically if .xls / .pbix are saved in oneDrive for business

hi  @MarcoNeukom 

Onedrive refresh is that you upload .xls / .pbix file to onedrive and then in power bi service you click get data->file->onedrive-business, now onedrive refresh is available.

5.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#onedrive-refresh

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

MarcoNeukom Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-lili6-msft - thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.