Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Refresh dashboard tiles in less than 15 minutes in Direct query

Dear,

I am aware that dashboard tiles in the dashboard refreshes in every 15 minutes. However if we do any interactions in report, report gets refreshed as it runs the query behind the scene.

is it any option to reduce the refresh period in dashboard ? as we will be dislaying it in the management wall and they would like to see teh changes in near real time?

Br,

Shams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shamsuddeenvp If you want to force the use of a dashboard then you have to use push. There is no mechanism available to make your DQ initiate a refresh on the dashboard. If you only use the report, then whenever they interact with it they will see the latest data. 

Based on your previous reply, you probably already know this. So I am confirming that you don't have a way to do this in your current solution.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@shamsuddeenvp You can accomplish this with a "Push dataset" which is a type of streaming, but it will likely require a re-work of your solution. Details here -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

I am aware of the Push Daata set mechanism basically it uses Power BI REST API,  that nees re work and need to have Azure AAD etc.

I am using direct query to accomplish near real time as i understand one use of DQ is to get near lime..however dashboard tiles refreshes every 15 minutes.

Is there any other way to minimise this refresh frequeency?

Br,

Shams

@shamsuddeenvp If you want to force the use of a dashboard then you have to use push. There is no mechanism available to make your DQ initiate a refresh on the dashboard. If you only use the report, then whenever they interact with it they will see the latest data. 

Based on your previous reply, you probably already know this. So I am confirming that you don't have a way to do this in your current solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors