Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cherif22
Frequent Visitor

Refresh dashboard automatically

hello community 

I have a mySQL database that I can connect to, and i was publish my rapport in power bi service but i dont know how i can make rapport take update automatique from MySQL database help me Smiley Sad

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@cherif22 In order to refresh data from on premises sources you need to set up a gateway. If these are personal reports, just install the personal gateway, if they are for your company, find a server and install it there. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/ Once you have installed the gateway, in the Power BI Service, you can schedule a refresh on the dataset if you have a personal gateway. If you used the Enterprise gateway (not personal) then you need to go to settings - manage gateways and create the data source first. Then go to dataset, settings and schedule the refresh.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cherif22,

To configure schedule refresh of dataset that the data source is SQL database. Gateway is required. You can download the gateway from here. Then install and configure the gateway as the instruction. Then we need to add the sql database to the gateway. Please make sure that the server name is the same as the one in desktop. Then we can configure schedule refresh of the dataset. And the dashboard will be updated automatically once the dataset has been refreshed. For more details, please check the online document. 

Please notice: Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes. This happens about every fifteen minutes. If you pin live page to the dashboard, then the dashboard is live.

1.png

If any other question, feel free to let me know pelase.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cherif22,

To configure schedule refresh of dataset that the data source is SQL database. Gateway is required. You can download the gateway from here. Then install and configure the gateway as the instruction. Then we need to add the sql database to the gateway. Please make sure that the server name is the same as the one in desktop. Then we can configure schedule refresh of the dataset. And the dashboard will be updated automatically once the dataset has been refreshed. For more details, please check the online document. 

Please notice: Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes. This happens about every fifteen minutes. If you pin live page to the dashboard, then the dashboard is live.

1.png

If any other question, feel free to let me know pelase.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @cherif22,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,

Frank

@cherif22 In order to refresh data from on premises sources you need to set up a gateway. If these are personal reports, just install the personal gateway, if they are for your company, find a server and install it there. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/ Once you have installed the gateway, in the Power BI Service, you can schedule a refresh on the dataset if you have a personal gateway. If you used the Enterprise gateway (not personal) then you need to go to settings - manage gateways and create the data source first. Then go to dataset, settings and schedule the refresh.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors