Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johanDeWeerdt
Frequent Visitor

Refresh/authentication failes when combine .csv data from O365 group in report

I have a list of .csv log files archived in O365 Group Folder.

I'm able to import all data using PowerBI desktop. When publishing the report to the group Workspace the datasource shows an error that the credentials are not valid. When I re-enter the credentials the process is stuck and nothing happens.

I used following steps: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/combining-excel-files-hosted-on-a-sharepoint-folder/

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johanDeWeerdt,

According to your description above, I have tested it on my side by importing data from a Excel file on my SharePoint Folder. There is no any issue on the credential for the dataset, and I can refresh the dataset successfully.

What authentication method do you use for your data source credentials on Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service? Make sure the authentication method are the same on both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. For example, if you use Organization account on Desktop, you need to use OAuth2 on Service.Smiley Happy

c1.PNGc2.PNG

Regards

I did tried to set the credentials to OAuth but the process hangs after I provided my credentials.

Is there a difference when using .Csv files instead of excel files?

Hi @johanDeWeerdt,

I did tried to set the credentials to OAuth but the process hangs after I provided my credentials.

That's a little weird. I can't reproduce it on my side.

Is there a difference when using .Csv files instead of excel files?

I don't think there is. Just in case, could you go to check if the issue persists when importing data from a single Excel file on your SharePoint Folder?Smiley Happy

Regards

johanDeWeerdt
Frequent Visitor

I've setup, in powerbi Desktop, a report that gathers all .csv files from a O365 group folder.

When I publish the report to the group workspace and I review the refresh settings I suddenly see below data source credential issue:

Capture.JPG

When following the wizard in "edit credentials" the system is not able to restore the connection.

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors