Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

YOV
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh Token Expired

Hi all,

we have several datasets in PBI workspace connected to same Azure Analysis Service server, using OAuth2 authentication and Organizational Privacy level.

all datasets have scheduled refresh, but 2 of them are constantly getting "Refresh Token Expired" error:

Token.png

When going to the defined credentials, all looks good and there are no undefined data sources or undefined credentials:

Credentials.png

Editing the credentials and signing in again resolves the issue, sometimes for an hour - sometime for days.

IT claims the user has no predefined expiration and is not supposed to expire after a set period of time.

And again - the same exact settings work for some datasets with no problems.

This is a PBI reliability issue that really hurts our credibility as BI department and drastically reduces our uptime. We don't even get notifications ourselves that datasets are not refreshed that way.

Any assistance would be helpful!

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Aurelija

Hello,

did anyone find solution?

Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi All, Did anyone find a solution for this. We have a dataflow that was refreshing fine for a couple weeks and all of a sudden this started and it fails every single day. I've tried re-entering credentials and creating a new dataflow by copying the scripts, but it doesn't work. Seems Microsoft changes things behind the scenes and things mysteriously stop working.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YOV ,

It sounds like it wants you to reenter credentials. Please make sure that you are granted permissions with all data sources. You could delete the connections and re-connect to have a try again.

Or go to https://app.powerbi.com?alwaysPromptForContentProviderCreds=true .This forces an update of your credentials.

Otherwise, You could check the Issues forum here:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Refer to:

Solved: Can't Connect to AAS - This server does not suppor... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Azure Analysis Services authentication and user permissions | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-eqin-msft .
However reentering credentials solves the issue for a day or two and then the error persists.
Forcing and update on credentials changed nothing.

We have a priority A ticket with MS support, already escelated to MS DEV team. Looks like a problem with PBI.

Thanks

I also have same problem. Did Microsoft solve the issue?

Regards

Peter

Not to the best of my knowledge.

We opened a ticket for MS support, and after about a month of back-and-forth with different support tiers we gave up.

One month after that it resumed working as if nothing happened.

Hi!!

We're having the same problem day after day.

We've also opened a ticket for MS support, but we haven't had a solution yet.

Have you had one?

Thanks!

Guillermo

Hello, Please did you find a solution to this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am getting the same error. Did you find any solution from Microsoft or how did you solve it.

Regards

Shilpi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am also having the same problem.

We are also having this issue for all dataflows that are connected to an on-prem data gateway. For stand alone dataflows (i.e. not configured in an on-prem data gateway) we don't have any issues with expiring oauth tokens - so for us this is specifically related to any reports that we combine an on-prem data source together with a dataflow in the PBI service.

Did anyone ever get a resolution around this from MS?

YOV
Helper II
Helper II

Following up on multiple private questions -

SSAS compatibility level 1500

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors