Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TD21
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh Some but Not All Data Sources in a Report

I have a report that pulls data from different data sources. Can I refresh them at different frequency? Example, can I refresh data source 1 daily, data source 2 weekly, data source 3 ad-hoc, without having to refresh all data sources every time I refresh the report? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, this can be done. Then you need to use Enhanced refresh with Rest API. This can be done from power automate, azure data factory, powershell and so on.

Then you can setup refresh at any time, and you can refresh whole dataset, one table or even a single partition if you have incremental refresh.

You can also have a power automate button in the Power BI report if you want end users to have possibilities to trigger a refresh.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-za/blog/enhanced-refresh-with-the-power-bi-rest-api-is-now-generall...

br

Marius

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TD21 ,

You can set the refresh time you need in the setting of the dataset you need to refresh.

For example, turn on the Scheduled refresh  and choose the refresh frequency what you need, and also you can add another time below.

vyinliwmsft_0-1665036759767.png

This way to set the refresh is that you can set different refresh times for different datasets, and the datasets with different connection methods are slightly different,

and you can view the following documents for the specific refresh methods.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yinliw-msft I know how to refresh a dataset. What I'm hoping to do is refresh only part of the dataset (say, 2 out of 10 tables).

Did you try the enhanced refresh feature I posted earlier?

Marius

@mariussve1 I did. Thank you very much!

mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, this can be done. Then you need to use Enhanced refresh with Rest API. This can be done from power automate, azure data factory, powershell and so on.

Then you can setup refresh at any time, and you can refresh whole dataset, one table or even a single partition if you have incremental refresh.

You can also have a power automate button in the Power BI report if you want end users to have possibilities to trigger a refresh.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-za/blog/enhanced-refresh-with-the-power-bi-rest-api-is-now-generall...

br

Marius

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors