Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tdawg90
Employee
Employee

Refresh Report with Service Principle

I have a power bi Report on powerbi.com that access Azure Data lakes for it's data.  Currently it's running under my own personal credentials but I need to to leverage an Azure Client/App Service Principle.

How can I set up the powerbi refresh leveraging the service principle Id/Secret, or better yet access the keyvault to get the secret when it performs the refresh?

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tdawg90 ,

You should change it in Power BI side and republish the report.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Can you elaborate? The end goal is to have the data auto-refresh daily from Azure Data lakes utilizing non-personal credentials, idealy a Service Principle 

Hey did you manage to get this sorted?

I am busy going down the same route - especially since my user account requires a PIM which only lasts 9 hours 

This was a while ago with Gen1, today using Azure Data Lakes Gen2, (it should be there for Gen1 and I don't know what was going on back in 2019 😄 )  we can easily use an Access Key to a Azure Blob Storage.

Tdawg90_0-1685542431118.png

Add the full url to the blob container.  It will then prompt you for an Access/Account Key, which you can find in your storage account, 

Tdawg90_1-1685542558143.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors