Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robgill12
Regular Visitor

Refresh Report in TV Mode

Hello

I have created many reports which we wish to display via TV Mode. However, once the report is in TV Mode, the report does not refresh in relation to the Dataset refreshing behind it. 

This is quite annoying as; 

1. You have to close down TV Mode and manually refresh the report 

2. It kind of defeats the object of Power BI displaying 'Live Data'

Any discussions or ideas are welcome

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robgill12,

There is workaround for this by adding the ?chromeless=1 parameter to the app's URL, run it on Chrome, install an automatic refresh plugin, such as Super Auto Refresh, and put the browser in full screen mode as well.

In addition, you can submit this requirement on Power BI Ideas and vote it up to improve Power BI and make it better.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robgill12,

There is workaround for this by adding the ?chromeless=1 parameter to the app's URL, run it on Chrome, install an automatic refresh plugin, such as Super Auto Refresh, and put the browser in full screen mode as well.

In addition, you can submit this requirement on Power BI Ideas and vote it up to improve Power BI and make it better.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft May I know where to add ?chromeless=1 ? I am delebrately looking for this solution 

Hello in our company we have the similar issue and I have been researching the problem for while and didn't find any solution.

However you can use the workaround which @v-ljerr-msft provided. It is fully functional. 

@Birdjo May I know where to add ?chromeless=1 ? I am delebrately looking for this solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors