Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sovereignauto
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Report/Dashboard after Dataset

Good Afternoon,

I have looked at a few posts and just wanted to clafiry there was no update.

I have a datasource that refreshed using PowerAutomate so i can do it more than the 8 times, i also have a Report that i can fullscreen or a dashboard (pinned report) but these dont update when the dataset refreshes.

Is there any way to do this or is it just Chrome Extention?

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. First of all I don't think you can refresh more than 8 times with pro license. It doesn't matter if its from Automate or API. Then, reports are not dynamic. They will load the visualizations and data and store it in your cache. If an update is complete while you are checking the report you can't see it untill you refresh the browser or close/start a tab with Power Bi.

If you want to keep a screen refreshing all the time you should check dashboards out. Those will change automatically if you pin them correctly (filtered with relative dates, a non static filter date).

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. First of all I don't think you can refresh more than 8 times with pro license. It doesn't matter if its from Automate or API. Then, reports are not dynamic. They will load the visualizations and data and store it in your cache. If an update is complete while you are checking the report you can't see it untill you refresh the browser or close/start a tab with Power Bi.

If you want to keep a screen refreshing all the time you should check dashboards out. Those will change automatically if you pin them correctly (filtered with relative dates, a non static filter date).

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Usually you have to refresh your browser after a dataset has finished refreshing. Only then will the refreshed / updated data be displayed in connected reports and dashboards.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors