Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Python Script Datasource via Personal Gateway error

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my python script datasoruce to refresh in power bi service via a personal gateway.

I am using:

• A seperate anaconda power bi env (python 3.6) with all the required packages
  • I've configured power bi desktop to point to this installation by selecting other and then routing to the path
  • Dataset/dataframe loads and works in desktop
  • After publishing to the service I try to configure the datasource credentials but get the following error:
  • August Versions of both Desktop and Personal Gateway (Fresh Install)

"Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: Python installation not found. A Python installation wasn’t found in this location. Please follow the instructions provided in the “How to install Python” link to install Python. If Python is installed and this message persists, provide the installation path in the dialog."

In the box below is:

extensionDataSourceKind: Python

extensionDataSourcePath: Python

Authenticaiton method: WindowsWithoutImpersonation

Privacy Setting: Public

Questions

1. The error message seems to indicate that I should be able to provide the installation path in the dialoge but what dialgue is that?  The extensionDataSourcePath field is grayed out?
2 REPLIES 2
freddy_acuna
Regular Visitor

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I can't replicate your issue, please create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors