Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carH
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Failure - Invalid Connection Credentials

Two of my larger datasets are all of a sudden failing to refresh via the automatic refresh schedule on the service. The top line of the email failure message states "Invalid Connection Credentials" however, the detail of the email message states "internal service error/transient issue". Where should I start to diagnois this problem? When I originally published this data set and scheduled the refresh, I was not having this issue. Thank you!

Invalid connection credentials.

Refresh failed:
xxxxxxxxxxx has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Next refresh for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is scheduled for August 26, 2020 11:00 UTC.

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carH ,

If the issue persists,could you share more details something like dataset and connection mode?

If the issue is urgent, you can also create a support ticket for further help.If you have a Pro account it is free. 

Support_Ticket.gif

You can update the solution here after the problem has been resolved so that others having similar concern can find the answer more easily.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @carH ,

You can check the below similar community thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Service-refresh-failure-Internal-service-error/td-...

Also, you can take dedicated help from MS by raising a ticket here. In most of the threads with "Internal Service Error", I have seen that the issues has been solved after conencting with support.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors