Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Failing

I have 3 dashboards all built very similar. All on a refresh schedule. For some reason I'm having a particular issue with one of them. First, I didn't notice it hasn't refreshed in a few weeks. I was under the assumption it was refreshing everyday. I turned the schedule back on recently but still has been failing. I can refresh the desktop file with 0 issues. I'm also noticing on these fails, it's attempting to refresh for long periods of time before failing:

1.PNG 

As you can see, the in progress refresh has been happening for the last 50 minutes, so I'm going to assume it's going to fail out again. My other dashboards have all refreshed already and usually take about 10 minutes to do so. I'm not sure what the issue could be?

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As the error message, seemed that your gateway is offline now. Could you please restart it and try again? Could you please share  the screen shot of the data source to me?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft thank you for your response. I recently just saw this message from the support page:

1.PNG

The table that it keeps referencing in the error message is indeed a table I've built from Salesforce, so I'm thinking once they fix the issue I will be able to refresh? My other reports also use Salesforce but for whatever reason they aren't being impacted and can refresh fine. This report was built months ago and never had any issues refreshing until recently and I haven't changed anything at all, so hopefully once they find the issue it will take care of itself Smiley Happy

Hi @Anonymous,

As you said, that is a known issue indeed. I will post it back once resolved, also you can keep an eye on that.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Does your issue still occur? If not , kindly mark the answer as a solution to cloes the case.

Regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft I would not say my problem is solved. All my dashboards will not allow me to set up a refresh schedule due to invalid credentials which they aren't invalid.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors