Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Refresh Failed

Hi Community,

Would anyone be knowing the reason behind the failure. It worked fine last few months and recently started popping error m

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

9 REPLIES 9
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @schoden,

Can you please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario? It is hard to troubleshoot from the error message. (e.g. refresh history, error message with activity/request-id, data source type and connection mode, data source credentials type...)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft Please see the message below:  (the Dateset refresh icon shows failed error message)

Something went wrong The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Cluster URIWABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity IDfb59f6a2-48f1-4618-8642-ddbb9ddb0c0f Request IDde963595-d9b7-c77b-8e95-f269f51c9592 Time2020-07-15 03:49:52Z Get help Copy

Hi @schoden ,

There is something critical missing in your error message.

Normally it looks like below so you would get a better idea about what went wrong.

Melvlee_0-1594794579774.pngMelvlee_1-1594794585782.png

If that's actually what you received, please provide more details.

e.g. data source type, gateway type, what's changed recently to your report. I guess the more info the better.

Regards

Hi @Melvlee 

error.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be clear if you can specifiy what source are you trying to refresh the data from!

Check these!!

• Is the refresh working from Desktop?
  • Any recent changes to the credentials you use to refresh ?

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes the refresh is working on Desktop.

Credentials has not been changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There can be more than 1 scenarios for an internal service error. In my case, re-publishing the report after downloading a latest version of the Power BI desktop resolved the issue.

If you have recently made changes to your report and published the report to the service, a chance of this error could be with your cachce. When you publish the report can you clear the cache and try to publish.

If issue persists, you can run a fiddler trace further to see where exactly the issue occurs..

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/#fiddler-trace

More details from your side like, the type of source you are using could help.

Hi @Anonymous 

I recently republished the old report with updated version from the desktop.  

Like you mentioned, I suspected the cache which I cleared it.  

The datasource is SQL and it is connected via gateway.

Hi @schoden ,

Did you check the refresh history on Power BI service? It would reveal more details.

If this helps, please give me a kudo. Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors