Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JasonMcKenney
Regular Visitor

Refresh Failed - I need explanation of error details

Hello,

I am receiving refresh failure notices on one of my datasets and I'm having trouble finding the cause based on the error message I'm receiving:

Activity Id: f4e68e90-8846-4630-a134-cefa25fff97f
Request Id: de6962d2-be1c-4a71-94e6-839c095c7867
Refresh Start Time: 06/27/2017 04:05:20Z
Refresh End Time: 06/27/2017 06:19:16Z

Has anyone else seen a similar error? My company gateway is running properly and I'm not seeing any specific errors for missing columns or data. My other datasets are refreshing fine. Is there a time limit on data refreshes? This particular data set takes a couple of hours.
2 REPLIES 2
acanepa
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @JasonMcKenney

I had similar problems with Power BI service a couple days ago, I didn't know what it was the problem so I raised a ticket.

The fix was basically to upgrade the enterprise gateway,  that for my own surprise is upgraded constantly, once per month.

The fix worked instantly for all the dashboard that were failing consistently in schedule refresh and on-demand refresh.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

@JasonMcKenney It could be timing out. Check the gateway logs to see if you can determine any additional information.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/

Tools for troubleshooting

Collecting logs from the gateway configurator

There are several logs you can collect for the gateway. Always start with the logs!

Installer logs

%localappdata%\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.log

Configuration logs

%localappdata%\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\GatewayConfigurator*.log

On-premises data gateway service logs

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors