Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashleylinkewich
Advocate II
Advocate II

Refresh Failed - Error when processing the dataset

Hi everyone, 

I recently published a report from desktop to PBI. I created an on prem gateway and added my data sources with no problems, although was only able to add them if I ticked the "skip test connection" box. 

When I went to refresh the report however, I recieved this error:

Last refresh failed: Wed Mar 25 2020 15:37:26 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Could not find a part of the path 'G:\\NOBLE PARK Operations\\Supervisors\\Reporting\\Power BI Spreadsheets\\JanFeb18SPARKS.xlsx'."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"G:\\NOBLE PARK Operations\\Supervisors\\Reporting\\Power BI Spreadsheets\\JanFeb18SPARKS.xlsx"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: JanFeb18SPARKS.
Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f18bc1b6-db7d-4d7d-911f-caef83343fe6
Request ID:b61e74fb-a032-eb8c-2e25-c2352872d5cb
Time:2020-03-25 04:37:26Z

I saw on another forum that it was suggested to download the dataset as a pbix file and refresh to get a more detailed error message. When I did this, it refreshed perfectly fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
RogerSteinberg
Post Patron
Post Patron

hey im having the same issue, heres the link to my post in case it gets fixed before yours.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/error-when-processing-the-data-in-the-dataset/m-p/983511/hi...

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Looks for all the world that the G: drive is not mapped or the account running the gateway does not have the right permissions? Basically it is saying that it cannot find the file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

That could be... how would I map the G drive? 

I created the gateway under my own user which has access to G drive so it seemed to work 

HI @ashleylinkewich,

Maybe you can consider uploading your file to onedrive business or sharepoint and refer to following link to use a web connector to get data from shared links.

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop 
Then you not need to take care of gateway settings and data source mapping, it will enable 'onedrive refresh' on that dataset and update hourly. (you need to update on uploaded file contents)

Data refresh in Power BI 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors