cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Refresh Failed - Error when processing the dataset

Hi everyone, 

I recently published a report from desktop to PBI. I created an on prem gateway and added my data sources with no problems, although was only able to add them if I ticked the "skip test connection" box. 

When I went to refresh the report however, I recieved this error:

Last refresh failed: Wed Mar 25 2020 15:37:26 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Could not find a part of the path 'G:\\NOBLE PARK Operations\\Supervisors\\Reporting\\Power BI Spreadsheets\\JanFeb18SPARKS.xlsx'."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"G:\\NOBLE PARK Operations\\Supervisors\\Reporting\\Power BI Spreadsheets\\JanFeb18SPARKS.xlsx"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: JanFeb18SPARKS.
Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f18bc1b6-db7d-4d7d-911f-caef83343fe6
Request ID:b61e74fb-a032-eb8c-2e25-c2352872d5cb
Time:2020-03-25 04:37:26Z

I saw on another forum that it was suggested to download the dataset as a pbix file and refresh to get a more detailed error message. When I did this, it refreshed perfectly fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Refresh Failed - Error when processing the dataset

Looks for all the world that the G: drive is not mapped or the account running the gateway does not have the right permissions? Basically it is saying that it cannot find the file.

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted

That could be... how would I map the G drive? 

I created the gateway under my own user which has access to G drive so it seemed to work 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ashleylinkewich,

Maybe you can consider uploading your file to onedrive business or sharepoint and refer to following link to use a web connector to get data from shared links.

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop 
Then you not need to take care of gateway settings and data source mapping, it will enable 'onedrive refresh' on that dataset and update hourly. (you need to update on uploaded file contents)

Data refresh in Power BI 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

hey im having the same issue, heres the link to my post in case it gets fixed before yours.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/error-when-processing-the-data-in-the-dataset/m-p/983511/hi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors