Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Refresh Every 5-10 minutes

Evening,

I was wondering if it was possible with a pro license (or even a free) to refresh a dashboard/report every 5-10minutes?

I've seen the option to use streaming analytics but I'm not sure how I would be able to use this as well as apply my transformations in powerbi desktop as so the end user sees my work with the data.

I've seen the option for DirectQuery, but from what I've read I encounter the same issue as immedaitly above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ElliotP

If you are connecting using Azure SQL Database, it is by default then connecting using DirectQuery. So what that means is that everytime you click on something in your report, it is sending a query back to your Azure SQL Database in realtime and returning the results.

Your dashboards are automatically refreshed every 15 minutes, and there is the possibility to change this in the service.

You can find more details with this here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-azure-sql-database-with-direct-connect/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors