Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

steigelbill
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Error unable to combine

Hi all,  I created a querey that combines multiple excel files hosted in sharepoint.  The report has been on scheduled refresh without a problem since July.  Then today it errors out with the following message.  If I didnt change anything in my query, report or dataset why would I all of a sudden get this? Is it possible it's a PBI Service issue?

[Unable to combine data] Section1/Func_d7c9329b_cd64_4ccb_8f12_68166ec6797a references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @steigelbill ,

You may have a parameter issue.  If you go back to edit your queries and find the parameter select "Any Value" from the drop down for the "query" or "list of values" option.

OR, a data source may have been moved from its location?  One file that is not there anymore?  OR, the data source was temporarily unavailable?

OR, it could that you are combining an external data source within the query and you ahve to remove the external data source (https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/).

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors