Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krishnan_47
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Dataset without using Gateway when connected to Active Directory

Hi All,

I have connected to Active Directory to get data in Power BI Desktop application. After publishing the application in power bi service, I am not able to refresh the dataset. The following error occurs:

"Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh."

Please help in providing a solution to refresh the dataset in power bi service without using Gateway Connection.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Krishnan_47 ,

Active Directly requires the Gateway.

1.PNG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources 

Go to manage gateway page and add the data source.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-data-sources#add-a-data-sourc... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Krishnan_47 

You need to go to your Dataset settings in Power BI Service and set up the login credentials for Active Directory. These will be the same login details as you used in Power BI Desktop. For data sources in the cloud Power BI does not need a Gatway, but will need to login details to the data source to be able to refresh the data at regular intervals.  

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi @Burningsuit May i know where to set the login credentials in power bi service dataset settings? I have also attached the screenshot of the settings page

Settings.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors